Late Night Ratings: Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Note: LateNighter generally posts late night daily ratings on a two (business) day delay, which is how they are released by Nielsen.

CBS’ The Late Show with Stephen Colbert and NBC’s The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon split first place in the late night ratings race for Tuesday, May 14, 2024.

Per Nielsen live-plus-same-day data, Colbert’s Late Show averaged 1,997,000 total viewers with 183,000 P18-49 viewers on Tuesday, May 14. That’s up +2% in total viewers and -2% in P18-49 viewers from the previous day (May 13), -4% and -17%, respectively, from the previous Tuesday (May 7, 2024). Jennifer Hudson, and Marisa Abela were Colbert’s guests on Tuesday, May 14.

Fallon’s Tonight Show had a strong ratings night. Not only did the 10th anniversary special deliver a significant audience at 9 p.m. in several measurements, The Tonight Show‘s 11:35 p.m. episode posted substantial growth on Tuesday as well. The Tonight Show averaged 1,523,000 total viewers with 250,000 P18-49 viewers, which is up +25% in total viewers and +34% in P18-49 viewers from the day before. The program also gained +36% and +34%, respectively, from the Tuesday prior (May 7). Robert De Niro, Chelsea Handler were Fallon’s guests on Tuesday, May 14. Ms. Lauryn Hill and YG Marley performed on the program.

ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live! is dark this week, and the network did not submit ratings data to Nielsen for its Tuesday, May 14 telecast — a rebroadcast of its April 29, 2024 episode.

NBC’s Late Night with Seth Meyers won its 12:35 a.m. timeslot, averaging 809,000 total viewers with 122,000 P18-49 viewers, per Nielsen live-plus-same-day data. That represents a -5% drop off in total viewers, and -3% in P18-49 viewers from the day before; a +15% gain in total viewers, but a -13% loss in P18-49 from the previous Tuesday episode. Ed O’Neill, Nikki Glaser, and Amor Towles were Meyers’ guests on Tuesday, May 14. Jon Theodore performed with the 8G Band.

CBS’ After Midnight had a positive ratings night, having averaged 662,000 total viewers with 108,000 P18-49 viewers at 12:37 a.m. That’s up +9% in total viewers and +71% in P18-49 viewers from the day before, +6% in total viewers and +11% in P18-49 viewers from the previous Tuesday episode. Bert Kreischer, Katherine Blanford, and Rich Eisen appeared on the Taylor Tomlinson-led program.

ABC’s Nightline averaged 634,000 total viewers with 85,000 P18-49 viewers at 12:37 a.m. That represents a -7% in total viewers, but a +13% improvement in P18-49 viewers from the day before, -31% decline in total viewers and a -48% decline in P18-49 viewers from the Tuesday before.

Per Nielsen live-plus-same-day data, the Tuesday, May 14 Daily Show, guest-hosted by correspondent Desi Lydic, averaged 393,000 total viewers with 115,000 P18-49 viewers at 11 p.m. ET. That’s -43% in total viewers, and -32% in P18-49 viewers from the day prior (hosted by Jon Stewart). It’s -9% in total viewers and -10% in P18-49 viewers versus the previous Tuesday episode (May 7, 2024). Miranda July was Lydic’s guest on the May 14 Daily Show.

Live+SD ratings (18-49 demo only)

NetworkShow NameViewers% Share
11:00 PM
CCThe Daily Show115,0001.20
11:35 PM
ABCJimmy Kimmel Live! (R, 4/29/24 )n/an/a
CBSThe Late Show With Stephen Colbert183,0002.35
NBCThe Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon250,0003.21
12:37 AM
ABCNightline (1/2 hour)85,0001.46
CBSAfter Midnight108,0002.06
NBCLate Night With Seth Meyers122,0002.27

(R) = Rebroadcast

Live+SD ratings (All Viewers 2+)

NetworkShow NameTotal Viewers% Share
11:00 PM
CCThe Daily Show393,0000.94
11:35 PM
ABCJimmy Kimmel Live! (R, 4/29/24)n/an/a
CBSThe Late Show With Stephen Colbert1,997,0006.25
NBCThe Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon1,523,0004.75
12:37 AM
ABCNightline (1/2 hour)634,0002.64
CBSAfter Midnight662,0003.04
NBCLate Night With Seth Meyers809,0003.63

(R) = Rebroadcast

© The Nielsen Company, used under license.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.